Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Showcase your baby
User avatar
hugejp
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Posts: 2052
Joined: 21 Oct 2014 21:01
Full Name: JP Viviers
Nickname: Oupoot
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: THE PATROL COLLECTION
2004 4.8 GRX TURBO "Tinkerbell"
2003 TD42T GRX "The Coal Roller"
Home Language: Half & Half
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by hugejp »

Looking good
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You CAN with a NISSAN!

Jy KAN met 'n DATSUN!
User avatar
izakjbrt
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 411
Joined: 14 Apr 2018 19:02
Full Name: Izak Joubert
Nickname: Izak
Home Town: Ramsgate
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4,8 GRX (PA-trol)
2012 Patrol 4.8 GRX (MA-trol)
Home Language: Afrikaans
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by izakjbrt »

Finally got a cargo barrier in. Had to take the one with webbing cause my fridge is a bit big. But finally it’s in
BBAB17AD-2507-47C7-B5CE-6F10D7915423.jpeg
2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 grx
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Posts: 1757
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Garsfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Home Language: English
Has thanked: 439 times
Been thanked: 670 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by iandvl »

izakjbrt wrote: 08 May 2022 12:40 Finally got a cargo barrier in. Had to take the one with webbing cause my fridge is a bit big. But finally it’s in

BBAB17AD-2507-47C7-B5CE-6F10D7915423.jpeg
I've been looking for one of these. Where did you get it Izak ?
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80

#use-hand-cleaner
#be-a-man

:biggrin:
User avatar
izakjbrt
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 411
Joined: 14 Apr 2018 19:02
Full Name: Izak Joubert
Nickname: Izak
Home Town: Ramsgate
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4,8 GRX (PA-trol)
2012 Patrol 4.8 GRX (MA-trol)
Home Language: Afrikaans
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by izakjbrt »

iandvl wrote: 09 May 2022 08:35
izakjbrt wrote: 08 May 2022 12:40 Finally got a cargo barrier in. Had to take the one with webbing cause my fridge is a bit big. But finally it’s in

BBAB17AD-2507-47C7-B5CE-6F10D7915423.jpeg
I've been looking for one of these. Where did you get it Izak ?
Hi Ian

Got it from Tauro. Eugene there is very helpful. I had to "modify" my interior a bit because of the stupid drawer system and the fridge. They have a webbing one and a wire mesh one (took the webbing cause the fridge pushes so far back).
2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 grx
User avatar
Steele
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Jun 2020 18:29
Full Name: Gareth Steele
Nickname: Steel
Home Town: Jhb
Current 4x4: Patrol 3.0 CRD 2014
Home Language: English
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by Steele »

Nice Izak! Is it a Patrol specific item, or a generic?
Cheers, Gareth
I think, therefore I am........ I think?!?!?!
User avatar
izakjbrt
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 411
Joined: 14 Apr 2018 19:02
Full Name: Izak Joubert
Nickname: Izak
Home Town: Ramsgate
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4,8 GRX (PA-trol)
2012 Patrol 4.8 GRX (MA-trol)
Home Language: Afrikaans
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by izakjbrt »

Steele wrote: 09 May 2022 09:46 Nice Izak! Is it a Patrol specific item, or a generic?
It was this one from their website
Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 10.01.55.png
2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 grx
User avatar
Sweetlips
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 217
Joined: 02 Jun 2011 16:12
Full Name: Lawrence
Nickname: Sweetlips
Home Town: Paarl
Current 4x4: 2006 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by Sweetlips »

ra_01 wrote: 13 Apr 2022 13:42 Hi I have done some mods recently.

1. Ironman snorkel
2. Dual battery system - lithium blue nova in national luna power pack dc25 with victron shunt and ACDC 15amp charger
3. DIYish drawer system made of PVC sheet, it is light in weight
4. Front runner water tank with pump.
Can you share some more details on your drawer system construction process. Photos will be great as i am more of a visual person.
Life's a journey, enjoy the ride!!!
gChild
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 25
Joined: 31 Mar 2022 10:37
Full Name: Gwilym Griffith
Nickname: Gwilym
Home Town: Tucson
Current 4x4: Fj80
Home Language: English
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by gChild »

Dungbeetle wrote: 12 Mar 2022 15:52 Just fitted new windscreen on the TD42
Like a windshield? How much? Mine is scratched to hell with hard water marks. Terrible at night.

Interior/ exterior detail shes a grower not a shower.

Fixed rear speaker. Sorted front hubs are in auto as the marks where completely worn.

Fresh oil in the morning. Still base lining her.

G
User avatar
ra_01
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 227
Joined: 10 Feb 2016 08:50
Full Name: Rahul
Nickname: Rahul
Home Town: Johannesburg
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 2016
Home Language: English
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by ra_01 »

izakjbrt wrote: 09 May 2022 09:31
iandvl wrote: 09 May 2022 08:35
izakjbrt wrote: 08 May 2022 12:40 Finally got a cargo barrier in. Had to take the one with webbing cause my fridge is a bit big. But finally it’s in

BBAB17AD-2507-47C7-B5CE-6F10D7915423.jpeg
I've been looking for one of these. Where did you get it Izak ?

Hi Ian

Got it from Tauro. Eugene there is very helpful. I had to "modify" my interior a bit because of the stupid drawer system and the fridge. They have a webbing one and a wire mesh one (took the webbing cause the fridge pushes so far back).
I've got one made for my Patrol. It was custom due to water tank accessibility. But Eugene is very helpful indeed.
Attachments
20220509_171823.jpg
Regards
Rahul
_______________________________
Current Straight 6 :wink:
User avatar
Dungbeetle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 275
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 08:46
Full Name: Rudolf
Nickname: Dungbeetle
Home Town: Ellisras
Current 4x4: 2000 Patrol 4.2GL Wagon old and wise at 880 000 km
2014 Patrol 3.0GL CRD reaching puberty at 150 000 km
Home Language: Afr
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Who is doing what to their patrols ?

Post by Dungbeetle »

gChild wrote: 09 May 2022 16:53
Dungbeetle wrote: 12 Mar 2022 15:52 Just fitted new windscreen on the TD42
Like a windshield? How much? Mine is scratched to hell with hard water marks. Terrible at night.

Interior/ exterior detail shes a grower not a shower.

Fixed rear speaker. Sorted front hubs are in auto as the marks where completely worn.

Fresh oil in the morning. Still base lining her.

G
Got a good deal from PG Glass, Shatterpruff SANS 1191 - R1800, they also replaced that outer rubber with a universal type they had laying around. (Patrol OEM rubber R2700 !!!)
2000 Patrol GL 4.2D - Still strong after Eight Hundred and eighty and counting THOUSAND KILOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEETERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS - Daily Tractor
2014 CRD at 150k km - Sunday Tractor
Post Reply

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests