petri oosthuizen wrote:I got a walletjie on a dam wall, VERY car that I've owned over 12 years on that farmpie bumped its gat on that walletjie - except a Suzuki Jeep. And this Patrol.
Just a quick quick comparison between this 98 and a 98 EFI (I've had a few)........and I'm NO expert please guys, just my humble observation:
1) Cruiser EFI has more low down grunt than the Trol I think.
2) Space inside about the same, I think the EFI might have a liiiiitttle bit more packing space at the back.
3) Trol has MUCH more comfy seats than the EFI
4) Trol suspension WAY better, all 4 wheels stay on the grip
5) EFI has 2 lockers vs the Trol's one
6) Fuel consumption - both are heavy.
7) Trol's engine somehow feels more "fine", and revs like hell - more than 5000 RPM!!!!!!
8) EFI has great low down grunt......but I think the Trol has a more flat torque over more RPM's
9) This Trol is far, far better equipped inside than a GX EFI........leather, sunroof, 7 seats, etc etc etc
10) Trol's diffs just look better and bigger
11) Trol's Auto Lock hubs are VERY nice.....even better than the brand new Land Cruiser's. The LC's hubs can only be locked in Auto when completely stationary - the Trol's up to 40 km/h.
12) Trol has quite lower RPM's at 120.......about 2600, while the EFI sits at around 3000.......but the EFI holds 5th better on inclines than the Trol I think.
13) Price - this retails at around R 100 000. A similar GX EFI will cost you R 50 000 more - at least.
Petri You have tried the rest .....now you got the BEST