Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Bring Nissan SA to the Party

Post by JG Shields »

If I am not mistaken, the forum already has more than 200 members??? On what basis can we make sure Nissan know that Herrie & kie represent the majority of these members?
Patrol fan!
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

I - for one - am in full support of these proposals. I like Wynvat's way of reasoning and will gladly co-sign and support such a collective action.
We own 3 Nissan products, and to date our experiences with Nissan dealerships have been disappointing.
Except in the case where MAGNUS Nissan fully stood in for the costs when a fan belt broke, hit the reservoir tank on the radiator and sheered it clean off [just outside Kuruman - Feb 2008, in 43 degrees, at 11:30 Am] - BUT - we had to fight a bit on that one. The service instruction specified "check & replace if needed all V-belts, Rad hoses - prepare vehicle for long trip to Namaqaland in high summer ..]
Since - we have been following Pieter, the service advisor, & Gert, to the mechanic, to the various dealers as they were moved about - thus we have now ended up with Imperial Nissan Menlyn. - and now, with Agarob standing there for weeks after the engine was destroyed due to an incorrect diagnoses from their "computer"
(they diagnosed the power loss was due to a faulty switch on the gearbox, instead it was the diesel pump that overfuelled, and durung the long trip to Botswana, 200 km north of Ghanzi, the pistons melted (actually, burnt cracks in the cylinder top)
In my claim that the expense is fir Nissan's [or the dealer's] account - I got told that it was a "non-concern" of Nissan SA, due to the milage of the vehicle [225 000Km]
bid jou dit aan --

BUT - last week Wednesday I get a call back from them - informing me that they will "review the case"
I hope to get their "reviewed" results tomorrow. - i wil keep you informed.
O K - wayyyyyyyyyyy off topic - admin is welcome to "edit & cut" on this one.
Wynvat - Oompie hoop jy raak verder aangespoor om voort te gaan met die opstel van so 'n skrywe.
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by JG Shields »

Ek sekondeer Oompie se "hoop" en wil sommer voorstel dat Wynvat met Herrie in verbinding tree om sodoende die groter poging van stapel te stuur.
Patrol fan!
Abri Hoffman
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Abri Hoffman
Nickname: Abri
Home Town: Monument Park
Current 4x4: 2013 FJ Cruiser

Post by Abri Hoffman »

Stem saam hier Oom Mac, Wynvat uitstekend en sterkte.
2013 FJ Cruiser
"Jack Russel"
Wynvat
Full Name: Gerhard van Rhyn
Nickname: Wynvat
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 GRX Y61 GU(4)

Post by Wynvat »

In view of the fact that Herrie is already involved in an initiative, and the workshop to be held at Mark White Nissan on the 28th, i think that we should wait for Herrie's feedback on what was discussed at the workshop, and take it further from there. It will probably mean that if any further action is taken, it will only happen in the new year. The fact remains: something should be done. Nissan should not be allowed to sell us R half million vehicles, but neglect to provide trained technicians to maintain them. I feel quite strongly about this, and I am prepared to assist in any such venture.
2007 Patrol 4.8 GRX Tiptronic Y61/GU(4)
Africa does not break a Patrol. A Patrol breaks Africa.
Family_Dog
Full Name: Eric Skeen
Nickname: F_D
Home Town: Klerksdorp
Current 4x4: Hilux 2.7i IFS D/C
Hilux 2.2i SFA D/C
Prado 3.4 VX
Home Language: I try to be Fifty/Vyftig

Post by Family_Dog »

Holding thumbs for you, Mac! :thumbup: :thumbup:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, One Gold Fish
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

and Friday afternoon I get the following e-mail from NISSAN SA ... so asof ek 'n bedelaar is vir finsiele "hulp" gevra het - terwyl die saak is NISSAN IS VERANTWWORDELIK VIR DIE TOTALAE UITGAWE - [ek is nou so boos ek spreek sommer in F & D & B Tale ... en voeg %$(&**(&*_)*(*^*&%^_)()*&^%^&*())*** daarby :chainsaw: :helpsos:
Hulle sal verder met my prokureur deel -

Hier is hulle brief :

Dear Mr. Mc Menamin

Re: Your Nissan Patrol: Registration Number: YJT026GP

We kindly refer to the above subject matter and our telephonic conversations in the same regard.

Thank you for contacting the Nissan South Africa Customer Support Centre as it is always a pleasure to hear form our customers first hand.

Please be kindly informed that we have taken due note of your concerns and it has been placed on our records for reference purpose.

Nissan South Africa, under the Terms and Conditions of our Warranty agreement, undertakes to provide free repair and/or replacement of defective materials or workmanship where an authorised Nissan representative has approved the liability of Nissan. The warranty agreement is also subject to the Service and Maintenance requirements as the vehicle should have the services done as outlined in the Owners Manual. Failing to have the vehicle serviced accordingly may result in the Warranty being declared null and void.

Please be assured that we have carefully and collectively reviewed your request for financial assistance from Nissan South Africa and we are able to respond as follows:-

* Your vehicle is currently in excess of 4 years in age and has recorded in excess of 100000 kilometres

* The above facts set your vehicle well outside of the Warranty Parameters

* Not all services of the vehicle were done on as per the Service Interval Requirements stated in the Nissan Warranty and Information Booklet

* It has been confirmed that there is an unauthorized modification / fitment to your vehicle being a Dastek Chip

Based on the above, please be kindly informed that Nissan South Africa is unfortunately not in the position to offer financial assistance pertaining to the necessary repairs on your vehicle. However we hereby recommend that you only use Approved Nissan Dealerships to carry out repairs and / or servicing to your vehicle as our Dealer Network only use genuine Nissan parts and guarantee their workmanship for a period of 12 months and unlimited kilometres

Not withstanding the above please be assured that Nissan South Africa undertakes to support you, our valued customer and our product at all times as we value your esteemed customer.

We trust that you find the above in order.

Kind regards,

Sylvia De Beer
Consultant: Customer Support Centre
E-mail: sylvias@nissan.co.
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Tjaart
Full Name: Tjaart Janse van Rensburg
Nickname: TJ
Current 4x4: Patrol 4500 GRX

Post by Tjaart »

Ek is jammer om dit te hoor

Dis genoeg om van te kots :left:
THE BRAVE
says
Aut PATROL aut nihil

Aut vincere aut mori
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by JG Shields »

Jammer Oom Mac. Ja, dis 'n gatslag maar Oom het die regte "support" om wel bo uit te kom.

Ek wag nog vir daai lekker koffie.
Patrol fan!
KOOS BEST
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Jacobus William Best
Nickname: Kosie
Home Town: MTUNZINI, Zululand coast
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Home Language: TWEETALIG

Post by KOOS BEST »

Hi guys, furher to my post I got a telephone call from a Danie Josling todayvia and old Navy friend at Nissan HO.
He is the technical manager of all the Nissan vehicles.
He wanted to know what are the issue's re Patrols ect , I refered him to this site. He promissed to access the site today and contact me back in due course.
According to him he is the guy in charge of all the training, bulletins ect for the Patrols.
Groetnis
Koos
Koos Best(Kosie)Mtunzini Zululand
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Patrol GU 2003 3.0d GRX (SOLD 2010)
Patrol GQ 1996 4.2d ST(SOLD 2007)

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”