dieselfan
Full Name: Roy Markham
Nickname: Roy
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8
Home Language: English

Brake pad lifespan

Post by dieselfan »

What are the average life spans of the 4.8's brake pads?
Sias
Full Name: Sias le Roux
Nickname: Sias
Home Town: Potchefstroom
Current 4x4: None (for now)
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Brake pad lifespan

Post by Sias »

Ek wil ook graag weet want my kar het nou 100000km op en ek moet vervang. Ek weet nie of dit nou al die tweede stel is of nie. Ek het die ouens by Powerbrake gekontak en hulle behoort teen die einde van die maand 'n stel vir Patrols bekend te stel. Ek gaan die discs en pads opsit as dit nie te duur is nie.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Front pads should last to about 120000 depending on drive style. Myself and my friends 4.8 patrol lasted past 120000km's. This is with the original Nissan Pads. Bought new Nissan pads as they are well suited for the car. Minimal dust and good stopping power.
Let us know what power brake is going to charge for a new set of rakes.
dieselfan
Full Name: Roy Markham
Nickname: Roy
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8
Home Language: English

Post by dieselfan »

Wheels wrote:Front pads should last to about 120000 depending on drive style. Myself and my friends 4.8 patrol lasted past 120000km's. This is with the original Nissan Pads. Bought new Nissan pads as they are well suited for the car. Minimal dust and good stopping power.
Let us know what power brake is going to charge for a new set of rakes.
Too many zeros there?!!! Front and back at 120k km! Impressive, I'd stick with OEM with mileage like that!
Sias
Full Name: Sias le Roux
Nickname: Sias
Home Town: Potchefstroom
Current 4x4: None (for now)

Post by Sias »

Just ordered a set of Powerbrake discs and pads for R4525. Will install once the car is back and give feedback.
FYI:
The kit consists of a pair of (front) Powerbrake All Terrain Series high-performance slotted discs as well as a set of matched high-performance brake pads that have been extensively tested by us to provide the maximum performance and durability, when used in conjunction with the discs in the kit, on the car in question. The kit will offer strong, quiet, fade-free braking and will give unmatched disc and pad life. You can expect around a 25% improvement in brake performance (which is substantial in brake terms), with far better fade resistance during emergency stops or mountain descents as well as improved wet weather braking. This setup will offer substantial improvements whether you are just commuting around town or braking from highway-type speeds on the open road. Off-road brake performance in dusty, wet & muddy terrain will also be substantially improved. Our kits utilize the standard calipers on the vehicle and fitment is as simple as a normal disc and pad change. There are no permanent modifications to the vehicle. I assure you that once you have driven the vehicle with the brake upgrade kit, you will never go back to standard brakes again.

Pricing:
Powerbrake - All Terrain Series Matched Brake Upgrade Kit (front high-performance discs & pads) - AT316N1361HD @ R4303,50 incl vat (In stock now)

NOTE - If you would like to go ahead with the order, please let me know and I will send through disc and pad dimension details as well as our standard order confirmation form, including payment options via EFT or credit card. Courier delivery of the full kit to (PTA\JHB) would be an additional R79,80 Incl. Delivery to major coastal centers is R171,00 incl. and to outlying areas R222,30 incl.
SJC
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: SJC
Nickname: Fanus
Home Town: Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 4.2 GQ (TB42)
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by SJC »

I see my rear pads was replaced in 2013 at 417090km’s
Vehicle is now on 453k km...
Attachments
E41A6929-F64E-48A4-89EB-83C82B77D20B.jpeg
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 SGL
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

Nuwe pads dude
SJC
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: SJC
Nickname: Fanus
Home Town: Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 4.2 GQ (TB42)
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by SJC »

SJC wrote: 30 May 2022 20:40 I see my rear pads was replaced in 2013 at 417090km’s
Vehicle is now on 453k km...
Updated photo... 7k km's later.... :rolleyes:
Attachments
IMG_6324.JPG
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 SGL

Return to “12. Suspension, Steering & Brakes”