engineguard
Full Name: Wayne Zonneveld
Nickname: Zonnie
Home Town: Uvongo KZN
Current 4x4: Jeep Cherokee
Home Language: English

Engine Guard - Engine Overheating Alarm

Post by engineguard »

Engine Guard - DIY - Engine Overheating alarm (visual & audible) optional oil temp, diff temp & oil pressure

FOR CARS, MOTORBIKES, TRUCKS, BUSSES, TRACTORS, CIVILS, BOATS, PLANES, GENERATORS, PUMPS
ENGINES OVERHEAT – HAPPENS IN SECONDS – WITH EXPENSIVE ENGINE REPAIRS AND/OR EVEN WRITE-OFF!

FACTS:

•Most vehicles use a temp gauge with a RED ZONE & LIGHT, but unless you are always monitoring the gauges you could miss the indicator - it takes seconds to cause engine damage.
•Older vehicles use a temp gauge with just a RED ZONE – again you could miss this indicator!
•An increasing trend in modern cars is NO temp gauges – only a HOT light which glows when the temp is too high – by this time it is invariably TOO LATE!
•Factory fitted gauges monitor the temp of the COOLANT - i.e. water. If there is a loss or blockage of coolant – THE GAUGE CANT DETECT THIS – until it is TOO LATE. In fact with coolant loss the gauge actually drops in temp giving the opposite readings!
•Factory fitted gauges are also inherently inaccurate, only able to detect large temp changes, typically in 3 stages COLD – OK – OVERHEATING.
Tests conducted show that the temp can fluctuate between 10 & 25 degrees with no movement of the needle!

HOW IT WORKS
The unit uses a single bolt-on sensor and digital display- independent of the factory gauge. The sensor is bolted onto the engine. By monitoring the engine instead of coolant, the unit detects overheating due to low coolant, blockages, leaks, faulty thermostats, water pump, belt failure & radiator issues.
THE ENGINE GUARD CAN DO EVEN MORE!
It can also MONITOR & give AUDIBLE & VISUAL warnings on:
•Engine, gearbox & diff temps - great to know when towing.
•Monitor engine oil temp without tapping into oil galleries - great for turbo diesel engines.
•Monitor dual cylinder head temps on V8, flat 4 & V6 engines.
•Monitor dual engine set ups such as in boats and planes.
•Monitor radiator IN temps and OUT temps to check radiator effectiveness.
•Monitor “low” oil pressure - via the low oil warning light.
•Voltage ranges between 0v–33v DC with high or low voltage alarm. Great for alternator and dual battery set-ups (overcharge/discharge that causes damage to batteries)
•Can monitor anything within the temperature range of 0°c -125°c.
•Optional relay set-up to switch ON & OFF functions when alarmed i.e. aux fan or fuel cut-off solenoids

INTRODUCTORY OFFER: (Prices valid until end February 2019)
EGO1/1– R1299.00 (DIY “do-it-yourself” KIT – easy installation - full instructions included)
Includes:
· 1xDigital Display Unit
· 1xTemp Sensor (1 temp source)
· 1xWiring loom, buzzer & connectors
EGO1/2– R1499.00 (DIY “do-it-yourself” KIT – easy installation - full instructions included)
Includes:
· 1xDigital Display Unit
· 2xTemp Sensors (2 temp sources–i.e. engine, oil or transmission)
EGO1/3– R1499.00 (DIY “do-it-yourself” KIT – easy installation - full instructions included)
Includes:
· 1xDigital Display Unit
· 1xTemp Sensor
· 1xVoltage or oil pressure sensor
For more info, case studies & testimonials-contact the RSA & African Distributor-Wayne Zonneveld on 084-678-4776 or at wayne@engineguard.co.za and order online at www.engineguard.co.za[/font]
Attachments
1 FINAL EMAIL - ENGINE GUARD overheating alarms.pdf
(528.99 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
engineguard

Re: Engine Guard - Engine Overheating Alarm

Post by engineguard »

Good morning
Apologies for not introducing myself first. I am new to this...
My name is Wayne and I am the South African Distributor for the Engine Guard - Engine Overheating Alarm system. I would like to introduce the system to the forum members as it has helped many users from expensive engine damage and/or write off.
I also take note of the multiple posts and will ensure that it doesnt occur again.
Have a great day further, thank you :thumbup:
iandvl
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Garsfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX

Post by iandvl »

Welcome here Wayne.

Will go through the spec sheet and see what your product offers.
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Peter Connan »

Welcome to the forum Wayne

I have two questions for you:
1) What is the accuracy and measuring range of the temperature sender you use?
2) How does the oil pressure measurement on EGO1/3 work? Does it use a separate sender unit or does it plumb into the car's factory-installed oil pressure sender, and if it is a separate sender unit, I assume it needs to be installed into an oil gallery, is that correct?
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
engineguard

Post by engineguard »

Morning Peter
Thank you for your welcome, and I look forward to working with you guys. To answer your questions:
1) the unit measures temp in either degrees Celcius or Fahrenheit, the range is from 0 to 125 degrees and is reflected digitally in single degrees. The new proposed model, due in May will record in 1/2 degrees and the range will be -5 to 150 degrees, and these will be used in other temp monitoring applications i.e refrigerated vehicles etc
2) the oil monitoring interface utilises the existing oil sender unit so no additional sender units or tapping into galleries is required. Unless specifically ordered i would recommend utilising the 2nd temp sensor option attached to the oil filter and monitor the oil temp. Oil sender units are pretty reliable and unless the oil light on the dash is faulty this would be a duplication of the function.
I hope that this answers your questions. Please feel free to forward any other queries.
regards
Wayne
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Thanks for your response Wayne.

I think this would be a great tool for the petrol engines. To my mind, diesels (or at least turbo diesels) need something more.
engineguard

Post by engineguard »

Hi Peter
The system is ideal for both petrol and diesel engines. There are many testamonials highlighting the successful use within various sectors, including mining and Civils (both utilise heavy duty diesel engines) as well as taxi fleets in the Middle East where diesel engines are operating in high temperature environments. Being an Australian product you can also imagine vehicles operating in external temps in the early 40degs :redface:
Should you have any additional queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards Wayne
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Sorry Wayne, i did not mean to imply that the system will not work on a diesel, nor that it would not beenefit.

But to my mind, the biggest killer of TDI engines is EGT's. And therefore, if you are serious about the health of your TDI, you need a system that also monitors that. And since there are systems with very similar advantages to yours (a5 least in terms of function, if not in ease of installation and how it works) but include EGT measurement, i would personally use one of those.

If your system can accomodate EGT measurement as well, i will certainly consider your system.
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

It needs to measure egt waterlevel water temp the rest is nice to know

Return to “42. General Items/Services For Sale”