Page 2 of 2

Re: LED Replacement bulbs

Posted: 28 Feb 2017 10:07
by Marino4x4
Hi Anthony

Please have a look at the NRCS (National Regulator for Compulsory Standards) VC8049

All headlights (Sealed unit or bulb) must be registered with them and the seller should get a Letter of Authorization (LOA) from them. The unit must have a SABS or and E mark on it with the test report available to get the LOA. The bulbs will be deemed illegal in South Africa. Your vehicle will be deemed un-road worthy if you have these product in without the needed documentation. If it is applied in South Africa, I am not sure. There are allot if illegal units and bulbs out there being sold to the public.

Auxiliary lights do not need a quality mark, but it do help if you want to sell it. IP68 or IP67 is normally the water and dust ratings needed.

Hope this helps. :thumbup: