SA 4X4 Suspended

Have you spotted one of our Forum members in the Press or on TV?
Steele
Full Name: Gareth Steele
Nickname: Steel
Home Town: Jhb
Current 4x4: Patrol 3.0 CRD 2014
Home Language: English

SA 4X4 Suspended

Post by Steele »

Dear readers, advertisers and supporters,

Kindly note that due to the effects of COVID-19, Caravan Publications has currently suspended all printed magazine divisions until further notice. This includes titles such as Caravan and Outdoor Life, Kamp & Karavaan and SA4x4 magazines. Faced with the combined challenges of government imposed lockdowns, distribution challenges and restrictions on travel, we have no other alternative and are forced to temporarily pause our magazine production departments until a later date. The effects of COVID-19 that have impacted our ability to produce these magazines are as follows:

• Closure of our national distribution agent,
• Travel restrictions which hinder our ability to produce travel content,
• Closure of the postal service and hand-delivery service,
• Increase in transport and printing costs,
• Economic challenges,
• Health and safety of our staffers, readers and advertisers.

“It is with great sadness that in our 60th year we have to temporarily pause production of our magazine titles, until such time that we can reopen and support the industry once again”, says Godfrey Castle, Group Publisher.

“We are a 3rd generation family business and have always sought to make our magazines affordable for all readers in Southern Africa to enjoy. Rightly or wrongly, we do not foresee the South African public as willing to pay up to R85 per issue for a magazine in our industry. The good news is that we will continue to promote our lifestyles via our strong digital network and mobile apps. Over the years we have built up one of the largest digital audiences of avid campers and 4x4’ers in our industry and we trust this network will continue to grow.”

Access to these digital networks and mobile apps is absolutely free - a bonus for loyal readers in these trying times! You can find more information on www.CaravanSA.co.za or www.SA4x4.co.za.

We would like to extend a big thank you for your understanding of the effects of COVID-19 on our business and our ability to operate, and an even bigger thank you for your loyalty to our brands. You are all an integral part of our family and we couldn’t have achieved this 60-year heritage without your appreciated support!

Current issues of Caravan and Outdoor Life and Kamp en Karavaan are the combined June/July printed editions, with SA4x4 last printed as a combined May/June magazine. Subscribers that have not yet received these copies are welcome to contact our subscription department via email on subs@caravansa.co.za. Kindly note that due to lockdown procedures, the South African postal service is experiencing a large backlog of undelivered magazines. We request your patience in expecting deliveries - as the saying goes, ‘The magazines are in the post’ – somewhere.

All readers are encouraged to download our official mobile apps or register on our website for news, updates, and events, as well as to send in their own travel stories, pictures and tips.
Cheers, Gareth
I think, therefore I am........ I think?!?!?!
Steele
Full Name: Gareth Steele
Nickname: Steel
Home Town: Jhb
Current 4x4: Patrol 3.0 CRD 2014
Home Language: English

Re: SA 4X4 Suspended

Post by Steele »

Hopefully they will be able to start again once this madness is over :pray:
Cheers, Gareth
I think, therefore I am........ I think?!?!?!
izakjbrt
Full Name: Izak Joubert
Nickname: Izak
Home Town: Ramsgate
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4,8 GRX (PA-trol)
2012 Patrol 4.8 GRX (MA-trol)
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: SA 4X4 Suspended

Post by izakjbrt »

Very sad, I love SA4x4
2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 grx

Return to “32. In the Press”