Pieter B
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Pieter Botha
Nickname: Pieter
Home Town: Alberton
Current 4x4: '05 Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Pieter van Deventer (LoopSoosStroop)

Post by Pieter B »

Baie welkom! Met die petrol prys waar hy nou is, is dit verseker die regte tyd vir 'n 4.8 :lol: . Wees geduldig, die regte een sal jou kry.
LoopSoosStroop
Full Name: Pieter van Deventer
Nickname: Pieter
Home Town: Randburg
Current 4x4: VW T4 Syncro
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by LoopSoosStroop »

Thank you Gents

Currently driving a 2001 VW Caravelle Cyncro, the T4 shape. It is very spacious, very fuel efficient and has great aircon, cruise control, ground clearance and is quite capable offroad. However, its a manual, and difficult to drive every day. It also makes only 75 kW stock, so it's quite a dog on the highway. It is also my first German car and my first turbodiesel, and the combination is not great now that it is getting long in the tooth. Ze Germans are crazy.

I need to go back to a Jap-petrol-automatic vehicle, and the best options seem to be Pathfinder, Pajero and Patrol. Of these I've always had a soft spot for the Patrol.

The pricing for the 4.8's I've seen online are extremely variable. From R115k to R300k, largely depending on year model and extras it seems. They all have high km's and it does not seem to affect price too much. I also get the idea some advertisers are optimistic.
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Hi Pieter, if you're patient I'm sure you'll find a good deal. I guess with the state of the economy (to come) and times being tough, there will be more vehicles on the market (2nd and 3rd vehicles), however, at the same time people might hang onto their primary vehicles longer, rather than buying new ones. Oh and you can't go wrong with a Patrol :thumbup:
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: English
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

Welcome to The Patrol Forum. Yeah as everyone has said already, Your Patrol will find you for sure, however......hahaha.... This is a funny thought that passes through the minds of ALL Patrol owners, well the Petrol guys only really.... You said "very fuel efficient..... well that is not going to happen with a Patrol, but you don't buy a Patrol for fuel efficiency, you buy a Patrol for the pleasure of driving anywhere, anytime, anyhow. Patrols are formidable vehicles and who cares about petrol prices when you can have the luxury of driving the best 4x4xmoerse far :thumbup:
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD

Return to “28. Introduce Yourself”