Nickname: Grant
Home Town: Rosendal
Current 4x4: 2020 70 Series V8 LC
Hilux 2,4 4x4 SC Dakar
Home Language: English

Re: Bots Zim Zam

Post by Grant »

Tx Barry,

I will also post information that I find.
V8 Power

You can't expect to be old and wise
if you were never young and crazy
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Peter Connan »

Kagiso II wrote:
gupster wrote:Thanks Peter. I looked up Pandamatenga on T4A and it certainly makes sense to use that border post. Will make sure too I have the right reflectors.

Mike has contacted me and given me a lot of useful information and a whole lot of threads to read up on.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Regards.

Barry
Yooo-hooooooo GUPSTERRRR .. You there ?? :biggrin:
Oh - there you are .. Re Pandamatenga border .. VERY quiet [mostly locals using it] BUT REMEBER .. you can only ENTER INTO ZIMBABWE at this border post .. they dont receive money, dont have receipt forms, dont have a Tax officer on the BOPTSWANA side of that border post.
You can enter INTO Zim from Botsw side .. but you cannot even then return back through there into Botswana,
[Had that earlier this year when we recovered a broke down Landrammel from Hwange Park .. had to go all the way up to Kazangulu to get back into Botsw..
This is quite strange. We had no issues entering and exiting from there in 2012...

But, as Barry said, this is Africa and things change on a daily basis. However, I am sure people in Kasane will be able to give you the latest news. Try Oom Louw at Senyati Safari camp. Incidentally, this is a great place to spend a day or two. They have a great waterhole just in front of the bar, where ellies drink daily. They also now have a water-level hide at this water hole, from which you can get the most amazing perspectives!
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

Hi P / C .. we experienced this in July 2014 when I accompanied TUFF STUFF to collect that broaken Landy Diso II in Hwange .
We overnight [ed] at Elephant Sands, the next day went through Pandamatenga border post to Robert's Camp in Hwange .. we had to return to Elephant Sands via Kazangulu / Kasane because of the reasons I mentioned in my previous post.
Th alady at the Botswana side told us that it will not change -- one way traffic only
BUT Sarel said that if you buy the road tax etc "in advance" when you enter Botswana via another border post, then you can come back through Pandamatenga .. but from Zim side ... nope, can't do.
Such is Africa :biggrin: WWW
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!

Return to “25. Trip/Route Queries”