Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Hibberdene

Post by Peter Connan »

Hello Gentlemen (and ladies?)

This coming weekend I will be making my first appearance on the Natal coast. I am normally more of a bushveld guy, and lying on the beach doesn't appeal to me. I have never had much success with a fishing rod, I get seasick just looking at boats and furthermore I have a long-standing agreement with the sharks: I do not swim in the sea, and they do not walk in the bush. However I have recently been informed in no uncertain terms that girls need exposure to sea air at least once every two years to maintain their health and thus I will be installing my family in the Patrol and driving it down to Hibberdene for the long weekend.

I was thus wondering, firstly whether anybody would like to point me in the direction of a 4x4 route in the vicinity of Hibberdene where I might be able to reduce my personal stress levels, and secondly whether there is anybody who will be in the area and would like to join me in this endevour?

Peter
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Re: Hibberdene

Post by Kagiso II »

Hey Peter - When you get there, get a tourism brochure on "Hibiscus Coast" [many shop, garages, "i" offices have them.
The 4x4 routes are on it. Check Leasure Wheels - they have a full list. BUT you MUST do ORIBI gorge & Oribi 4x4 Trail & Elands game park [thee three are on same route - then come back with teh 'round route' and you must take picts at LEOPARD ROCK [and their food is great]
Aslo - man thing not to miss out - visit "Burger Knives" [on the banana farm] ... and buy yrselff one of the finest knives ever. [Near Margate]
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Thanks Oom Mac

Suddenly it looks like my weekend is going to be too short! :thumbup:

Anybody want to come along for the ride?

Peter
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

Peter, as Oom Mac indicates, the area has a lot to offer. The locals are friendly and will point you in the good directions. However, it sounds to me as if you will be all alone in you Patrol with the girls being on the beach all day....???? A fiend of mine stays in that area. Unfortunately they will join us in the Clarens area for the weekend.

Enjoy!
Patrol fan!
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

Hello Oom Mac, JG

Thanks, I had a blast, although the wether was not conducive to good pictures, my budget would not allow me anywhere near Burger Knives and the garage wasted so much of my time I never got to Leopard Rock (they put in Diesel instead of real fuel and it took them an age to decide what to do about it) the trial was good, particularly the scenery.

By the way does anybody know who drives a new-shape gold 4.8 with TJM suspension and snorkel and a bullbar, registration no. MADMAXX.GP? found him parked-up in town before I came back.
Attachments
madmaxx.JPG
madmaxx.JPG (109.9 KiB) Viewed 1900 times

Return to “25. Trip/Route Queries”