Nickname: Wilkie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1999 4.5 GRX Nissan Patrol
2004 BMW 3.0D X5
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: 3lt pick up

Post by Wilkie »

Andre de waal wrote:Hi Wilkie
I'm a forester in the piet retief area. My farms range from mud to mountainous areas. Been running a range of muds on all my bakkies. The BF'S has done the best so far a good second is the coopers stt max. Big horns were ok. General grabbers only gave me 45k. Trying pirrelis on the one bakkie now.

My heart says BF'S but would be good to know if someone has a similar or better product tried and tested.

And the well the main concern was performance on bigger tyres. But got the answer on that one
Hello Andre
almal is gaande oor BFG's en ja dis n harde band en gee goeie kms ,my ondervinding met hulle is dat hulle word hard en chip maklik en dan kry jy daai death wobble .
ek ry baie teerpad en sleep skiboot met my general grabbers A/T...dit is baie stabile onder swaar remming en goed op nat paaie met 21voet Sailfish boot op sy gat
ek het ook nog glad nie vas gesit met launching of met laai van boot nie...
Die Groot verskil is die PRYS .my 5 bande het my R7500.00 alles ingesluit gekos teenoor R18900.00 VIR cOOPERS OF bFG ens
ook my bande maak geen pad geluide nie :thumbup: :salute:
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: 3lt pick up

Post by Tinus lotz »

The biggest advantage of the km2 is the sidewall ......i work hard with my tires and got 160000 on my hilux and 135000 on my 4.8 . Got them on my 4.2 diesel bakkie also and they have plenty grip and can take a beating ........... :oldtimer: but i rotate and balance every 5000 km to stop heel and toe problems and let the TPMS keep a e eye on it......at 2.5k it will be your best investment regarding tires ....i also pump them 3 bar on normal tar driving ....
A tire that has no weight has less stuff in it but you have to buy what suits your needs ..
I can see a posibility of sidewall damage with tree trunks been cut short .....my sidewalls take a beating but never let me down :mytwocents:

Return to “14. Rims & Tyres”