Current 4x4: 1998 Patrol 4500 GRX......."OLIVE"
1997 Cruiser HZJ 75........."JACK"
2008 Merc CL 500............."BULLET"
2006 C 180 K Manual........."SUSSIE"
En Mamma se Kar, 'n Ford
Home Language: afrikaans

Re: My Dual Battery Setup - Help Please

Post by petri oosthuizen »

Must say, if I really REALLY have to change setup, this would be perfect...............https://www.nationalluna.com/product/power-pack-dc25

Especially because I MUST have a portable setup.

But ja, not the Bargain of the Century at R 8999............... :surprised:
"Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' corner, and knowing he wants to go home early tonight"..........Max Baer
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: My Dual Battery Setup - Help Please

Post by Peter Connan »

Craig Lord wrote: 01 Mar 2020 21:43 [Tinus] They dont work ...never seen it charge a battery more than 65% go off grid for 2 weeks and then we will talk again mabe if you drive al the time but they are just horrible imho
I have the utmost faith in my national luna box with the 25amp DC/DC charger and blue nova deep cycle battery. Charges it up from 30%to full in under 4 hour drive and with the solar panels connected during the day I have endless power. 2 fridges and multiple other 12v things no issues. I think it really depends on the battery you have. Lithium charges way faster than others.. :mytwocents:
[/quote]

Not knocking the brand. Knocking that particular product (being the solenoid-based charging system). When it was introduced (probably more than 25 years ago now), it was pretty much state-of-the-art.

But technology has moved on a lot since then. Especially battery technology.
The solenoid setup still works pretty much as well as it ever did, but it can't keep up with modern high-performance batteries.

National Luna as a brand make magnificent products. Well designed and robust. The system you are talking about, and the one Petri linked to is a new generation. I am sure it works a charm.
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.

Return to “13. Electrical & Electronics”