ra_01
Full Name: Rahul
Nickname: Rahul
Home Town: Johannesburg
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 2016
Home Language: English

Gremlins in central lock

Post by ra_01 »

Hi not sure if anyone else had this issue or heard of it?

Lately central has been locking itself when I open the drivers door or when one of the passenger door is open.

Today I noticed something new. I was adjusting the seat back (electric), when it reaches a certain point central lock is locking itself.

Patrol is 4.8 GRX 2016
Regards
Rahul
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Gremlins in central lock

Post by Peter Connan »

I am not very clever with electrics, but it sounds to me like you have a pinched loom somewhere.
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
ra_01
Full Name: Rahul
Nickname: Rahul
Home Town: Johannesburg
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 2016
Home Language: English

Post by ra_01 »

Thanks Peter for swift response.

Looks like the door switch is faulty. The door light is not comin on when the door is opened. Will take it to Nissan this week.
Regards
Rahul
Patrolman
Full Name: Malcolm van Coller
Nickname: mvcoller
Home Town: In most reverse order - Jhb, V-Town, Vryburg, CT
Current 4x4: 2008 3.0 Di Patrol GL
and
1999 4.5 Patrol SGL
Home Language: Afr & Eng

Post by mvcoller »

Since about the first week in January I had funny things happening with my Patrol's electronic central locking system.

First it would no lock the driver's door, but all other doors would lock when the button was pressed on the remote. Took it to the local fitment centre, to fit another (we even tried an EXTRA "pump") unit but the front door still refused to lock. It would go through the motions (you could hear and even feel it on the door), but it would immediately unlock itself. The guys there came to the conclusion that the complete locking mechanism had to be replaced. I could however still lock the door with the key after linking the lock to the mechanism once again.

I had previously disconnected the link between the lock's key insert on the door and the lock itself as they forced a screwdriver into the passenger door, opened it with the alarm blaring and ran off with my GPS. I did the same with the passenger front door. This was to prevent a re-occurrence of the break-in.

So a week later, in the KTFP (in the Botswana side), suddenly the front door would not close, it would not latch... I stuck a piece of wood between the rock sliders and the door to hold it closed and suddenly, that afternoon, the door refused to open!!!

For a week in the park and on the way home I had to climb over the centre console and enter and exit via the passenger front door. Not very elegant for a 60 something guy with a slightly immobile prosthetic right hip!!

Back at home, the fitment centre managed to open the door through the gap afforded by the wound down driver side window and fitted the second hand complete front door lock unit that Dawid in Bela Bela sent me. Fortunately he had one, I would hate to know how much Nissan SA would have charged...

It is now working perfectly again.

My advice, take it to a fitment centre, let them find the solution, those guys know their oats.....

Return to “13. Electrical & Electronics”