JTEC
Full Name: Jade Dafel
Nickname: JTEC
Home Town: Somerset West
Current 4x4: 2004 Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Sub Tank Not Working - Check Your Earth Connection

Post by JTEC » 19 Nov 2019 14:25

So this weekend just after I left for a bachelors weekend with some mates I ran out of fuel due to my Sub Tank not working. I called the first person I could think of mr Tinus, he suggested to try the hard reset by removing the battery terminals for 15 minutes. It was the right thing to try but unfortunately didn't work for me. Thankfully we were close enough to Uber to the nearest fuel station to get some fuel for the main tank. We finally got going and had a jol the rest of the weekend.

Now when I got back I went through all the fuses but they were fine. I then done some research and finally found the problem to be a bad earth to the battery. After removing the terminals I cleaned up the surfaces with some sand paper and reconnected. I then done another a hard reset. :eureka: It was working again. :thumbup:

It seems that the GU is know for a bad earth connection and can be the cause to a few problems. Im going to be running another earth to the chassis for piece of mind. Hope this can help someone else :mytwocents:

Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Sub Tank Not Working - Check Your Earth Connection

Post by Tinus lotz » 19 Nov 2019 20:01

Lekke man glad you got the problem :bravo:

Return to “13. Electrical & Electronics”