Florian320
Full Name: Florian M.
Nickname: Flo
Home Town: Hoedspruit
Current 4x4: '99 GRX 4500
Home Language: German

Re: Patrol - daily drive

Post by Florian320 »

I am just living in South Africa part time, so maybe it is not really a daily driver but I also use my patrol the whole year around when I am here.
Normally my rental car just stands next to it and waits for the way back to the aiport.
Apart from the most souvereign feeling I had in any car ever I am also aware that in case of an accident, which unfortunately is not so uncommon in SA, I won't be the biggest victim.

Another advantage of the petrol Patrol is that nobody wants to have them so nobody will steal them as close to everybody is aware of the bad running costs.
To me those costs are still high but somehow I can plan with them: there won't be turbos, injectors (and if they are not expensive) which might fail and give me a bad time stealing my time and money.

I do understand anybody who doesn't want to use the Patrol as a daily driver as it eats up your money on a regular basis.
But you get something for the money, I think.
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Tinus lotz »

Jo......that patrol drives lekke......is in my driveway waiting to go to its new home .....i think iam getting one for myself
Oetie
Full Name: Leon Fouche
Nickname: Oetie
Home Town: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Current 4x4: 2009 TD42T Patrol
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Oetie »

Tinus lotz wrote: 13 Nov 2018 13:37 Jo......that patrol drives lekke......is in my driveway waiting to go to its new home .....i think iam getting one for myself
:blonde: :blonde: :blonde: :blonde:
One life, live it to the fullest!!
ORRA - L65
HAM - ZS6LEF

Tlou - 2009 Patrol TD42T

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”