Wynvat
Full Name: Gerhard van Rhyn
Nickname: Wynvat
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 GRX Y61 GU(4)
Home Language: Afrikaans

Bring Nissan SA to the Party

Post by Wynvat »

After having read most posts on this forum I am deeply under the impression of how Nissan SA is letting Patrol owners down in terms of not providing technicians with adequate training in respect of Patrols :surprised: .

Should we not formally ask Nissan SA to provide us with a list of workshops where there are technicians who had formal Patrol training.

Does anyone have a name and e-mail address of the Chief Public Relations Officer at Nissan SA. Or better still-The MD.

I want to e-mail him or her, and see what comes up.
2007 Patrol 4.8 GRX Tiptronic Y61/GU(4)
Africa does not break a Patrol. A Patrol breaks Africa.
KOOS BEST
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Jacobus William Best
Nickname: Kosie
Home Town: MTUNZINI, Zululand coast
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Home Language: TWEETALIG

Re: Bring Nissan SA to the Party

Post by KOOS BEST »

I have just e mailed a friend at Nissan HO Midrand and asked him to provide us with Names ect.
Will let you know immediately re. the outcome.
He did gave me the person name and contact details responsible for everything Patrol before, but mislaid it somewhere.
Koos
Koos Best(Kosie)Mtunzini Zululand
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Patrol GU 2003 3.0d GRX (SOLD 2010)
Patrol GQ 1996 4.2d ST(SOLD 2007)
Ross
Full Name: Ross Holland
Nickname: Ross
Home Town: Cape Town
Current 4x4: 1998 GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel
aka "The Polar Bear"
Home Language: English

Post by Ross »

Hi Wynvat,

I think you have had an excellent idea there. I think most of us avoid the dealers as far as possible (due to lack of product knowlege and the insane prices :steamingears: ) , but for those times when you have no alternative it would be great to have a list of the guys who actually know what they`re talking about.

In spite of the rediculous prices I would actually consider using an agent more regularly if I felt that they were actually knowlegable and passionate about their flagship product. Thus far in my fairly limited interactions with three of the dealers here in Cape Town (via their parts departments), I had to explain some of the mechanicals on my vehicle to them, which I find completely unacceptable.
Ross

1998 GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel: 2" OME, 33" Big Horns, 2x LR Tanks, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, Drawer System, etc etc
aka "The Polar Bear"
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

Hi,

This topic has been discussed on this forum before under a post named "Why Patrols sees to be ignored in SA". A similar suggestion was made, i.e. to bring Nissan SA to the party. Herrie, one of the site moderators, mentioned thePatrol Club's involvement and communication with Nissan SA in this regard. However, I suggested, and stil do, that we as Patrol owners collectively voice our disapproval with the way Patrol is supported in SA by Nissan. The way in which we engage with Nissan should be done in a very well constructed and mature manner and have to reflect as many Patrol owners voices as possible.

Herrie stated that they had the action in hand. Herrie, is it not worth your while to create a topic on this forum where you can keep us all informed in this regard, get as many as possible owners input and support and probably direct your actions according to the forum's sentiments? I am not sure myself what the content of your actions includes and therefore am under the impression that we have a "soft hands" approach with Nissan at the moment. Instead I believe that we need to gain the initiative by influencing all Nissan owners (not only Patrol owners) sentiments towards our cause and by so doiing, create public pressure on Nissan. We need to take up an aggressive stance. I do not believe that contacting "high" individuals at Nissan and engagement in a "please listen to us" way will change Nissan's approach as it stands at the moment. I do not regards myself as a Nissan SA friend at the moment and would prefer to deal with the matter on that basis....however, in a mature fashion.

Herrie, your thoughts???
Patrol fan!
Wynvat

Post by Wynvat »

I have not read the other thread yet, but will do so.

I agree that any action to be taken, should:

1. be collective;
2. be well structured;
3. be well motivated;
4. be supported by examples;
5. contain thorough and convincing reasoning;
6. be firm, but aggresive only insofar necessary.

Collectively formulated letters to publications such as SA 4x4 and Leisure Wheels, purely for purposes of informing the 4x4 community of the action being taken, might also help to turn on the pressure.

One question that should be settled at the outset, is whether any proposed action is going to be an initiative of this Forum, in which case the administrators should exercise control over it, but may appoint a member or members to take the lead, or whether it should be an initiative seperate and distinct from the Forum, but obviously supported by those members who wish to contribute.

The purpose of any action take, should be:

1. to inform Nisssan SA of a real deficiancy in their service;
2. to force them to do something about it;
3. to force them to nominate workshops where well trained Patrol technicians are available.

Whether any such action would be viable, could be established through posts in this thread.

I think it is very important that we do not go off half cocked.

Please let us have further input.
Last edited by Wynvat on 18 Nov 2009 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Yup, agree with all. JHB/PTA members, please support Herrie and others with their initiative. This is definitely not an opportunity to be missed.
See link: http://www.patrol4x4.co.za/viewtopic.ph ... =647#p5806
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
Wynvat

Post by Wynvat »

Here is the link to the other thread referred to above:

http://www.patrol4x4.co.za/viewtopic.ph ... d&start=20

I would really liked to be informed about the actions already underway, and become involved.

I am convinced that there would be a lot of support for such an inisiative on this forum.
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

We can get this going on the 28th of November at Mark White Nissan if we have enough support from the members. Glyn Demmer which was involved with Nissan SA for many years is organizing this workshop and if we do not show Nissan that we are serious by pitching up in numbers, we have no leg to stand on. Glyn will be able to help us contacting the right people at Nissan SA.

This workshop is organized for the Nissan 4x4 Club and we do have contacts with Nissan SA. I have contacted them regarding Mac's Patrol and they got somebody to contact Mac to try and resolve his problem. Mac is a member of our club and that is why I took it up with Nissan SA - still waiting for feedback from Mac and Nissan SA.

So far the only member of this forum that will join us on the 28th is Niekie. I need conformation of who will join us as only 40 places are available and we are 28 so far.
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

Herrie, I do not think we must rely on forum members physical presence to confirm our support. We rather need to follow suggestions already raised in the above posts in order to enable you to walk into the meeting with the right backing well documented in a case for you to put forward. It will be much more practical if the "pressure" team is lean and mean + equipped with a well prepared agenda.
Patrol fan!
Wynvat

Post by Wynvat »

Hallo Herrie

I do not want to appear to be overeager/jumping the gun/highjacking any existing initiatives/or generally voor op die wa.

I would support any well prepared and thought through initiative.

However, it is not possible for me to attend the workshop on the 28th.

Should Glyn Demmer propose names of persons to be contacted, would you please keep us posted on developments.

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”