Full Name: Izak
Nickname: Sakkie
Home Town: Alberton
Current 4x4: 2003 Patrol 3.0 D SRX
Home Language: Afrikaans

Not so happy Patrol owner (happy again)

Post by Izak »

Hello
I bought my Patrol 02 model, Diesel with 113000 on the clock. I have had IT (notice the use of the word IT ) for not even 3 months and less that 2000 km and last night IT made a funny noise and on inspection I found engine oil spaying out of somewhere on the driver side, front end of the engine. Fortunately I was very close to some friends of mine and I could be recovered within 5 minutes. My wife and children were in the car, at night in a not so great area of Gauteng and IT breaks down. To add insult to injury I was recovered by a Toyota. I sold my Cruiser and bought the Patrol. (Stupid move ???????????? Hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This morning I looked and lo and behold, a steel cap situated next to the one pully on the driver side was cracked. Sorry a crack insinuates a small hairline crack, this is a hole from where engine oil streams.

Enter phase 2 of my irritation. Spoke to the workshop manager at Alberton Nissan, described what and where the problem was and he had no idea....
So I had the car towed (this time by a Jeep) from my house, less that 3 km away to Alberton Nissan. When I booked IT in the lady at reception asked who will pay? No problem I said, I have insurance that I bought from Nissan Edenvale when I got IT. The receptionist was totally unhelpful and said that she has never heard off "General Risk SA" and that they will repair IT and I can claim back from them.

OK I have to confess that I lost my temper at that point.

I phoned Nissan Edenvale and spoke to the salesman , Gerdu that helped me to buy IT. What a difference in attitude. Gerdu said that he will sort it out, they will recover IT from Alberton Nissan and look into the problem. Phoned me back little later saying that they were on top of it and that they are on their way to Alberton Nissan.

I still have no idea what the little cover is that broke, me thinks it is the timing belt tensioner cover. I am worried as to what could have given a piece of steel such a knock as to break it that badly.

I will keep you posted as to that is going on.

Izak
Tjaart
Full Name: Tjaart Janse van Rensburg
Nickname: TJ
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Patrol 4500 GRX

Re: Not so happy Patrol owner (at this point)

Post by Tjaart »

Good Luck Izak

Keep us informed. :pray:
THE BRAVE
says
Aut PATROL aut nihil

Aut vincere aut mori
Wynvat
Full Name: Gerhard van Rhyn
Nickname: Wynvat
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 GRX Y61 GU(4)

Post by Wynvat »

Good luck Izak. Keep us posted.

And, with that helpfull atitude, stick to Nissan Edenvale. It's not often that one hears of a helpfull agent.
2007 Patrol 4.8 GRX Tiptronic Y61/GU(4)
Africa does not break a Patrol. A Patrol breaks Africa.
yamiax
Full Name: Pieter Herbst
Nickname: Yamiax
Home Town: Sinoville
Current 4x4: 4.8GL 2005

Post by yamiax »

Pretoria guys, Global Nissan Sinoville impressed me.....I always have issues with dealers, and was very negative, when I used them for the first time, my mind was change by 08:00 (only booked the Patrol in at 07:15). Great service and quality work...!!! :thumbup:

Izak, is yours Diesel or Petrol?
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Good luck Izak!
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
Gerrit Loubser
Full Name: Gerrit Loubser
Nickname: Gerrit Loubser
Home Town: Richards Bay
Current 4x4: None

Post by Gerrit Loubser »

yamiax wrote:Izak, is yours Diesel or Petrol?
Izak said:
my Patrol 02 model, Diesel
So that would probably make it a 3.0 diesel with the ZD30 motor... :bomb:
Gerrit Loubser

2003 Land Cruiser 100 VX TD
1999 Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T ("Imvubu") - GONE; Go well Old Girl :-(
2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T - GONE; One of the best cars I ever had :-(
1996 Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T - SOLD
KOOS BEST
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Jacobus William Best
Nickname: Kosie
Home Town: MTUNZINI, Zululand coast
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Home Language: TWEETALIG

Post by KOOS BEST »

I have owned 3 different makes of 4x4's in my life, and included different models of those manufacturers,and for work purposes had plenty other 4wd vehicles as well.
No one but no one are as ill informed about their own product as Nissan SA is about the Patrol.
Thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izak , you will get more info re your Patrol on this web page or the Ozzie web page and not from any Nissan mechanic in SA.
Hulle ken net Hardbodies and X trails, n Patrol is volksvreemd
Izak , keep us informed .
Koos Best(Kosie)Mtunzini Zululand
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Patrol GU 2003 3.0d GRX (SOLD 2010)
Patrol GQ 1996 4.2d ST(SOLD 2007)
KOOS BEST
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Jacobus William Best
Nickname: Kosie
Home Town: MTUNZINI, Zululand coast
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Home Language: TWEETALIG

Post by KOOS BEST »

Verlang ek nou terug na my Landie se Tdi enjin :clap: , hierdie ZD 30 begin my nou te laat worry. Myne is gelukkig n laat 2003 model (blykbaar sou die handgrenaat se lont ontsteek gewees het na 2003), met n nuwe enjin in 2008 deur vorige eienaar.Het nou 20 000km met nuwe enjin. Touch wood.
:mytwocents:
Koos Best(Kosie)Mtunzini Zululand
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Patrol GU 2003 3.0d GRX (SOLD 2010)
Patrol GQ 1996 4.2d ST(SOLD 2007)
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

Hi Izak,

Ek moet eintlik nie reageer nie. My 3.0Di (2001 model) is tans in die hospitaal. My enjin het 4 weke gelede gegroet. Ek het wel 275000km uit die enjin gekry. My Patrol kry nou 'n 4.8 oorplanting. Ek wil sterk by Koos aansluit met sy opmerking oor Nissan wat nie die Patrol as produk ken nie. Dis raadsaam om jouself te leer wat die moet- en moenies van die 3.0Di enjin is. As jy by hulle hou gaan jy goeie kilos uit hom kry. Dis eintlik 'n baie goed gebalanseerde kombinasie tussen ekonomie, krag en rygerief. As Nissan hierdie waarde nie kan beskerm nie, doen dit self.

Ek kan ongelukkig nie met YAMIAX saamstem oor Global Nissan nie. Ja, sodra die werk wat gedoen moet word eenvoudig en voor die hand liggend is, het hulle my ook goed behandel. Sodra ek egter na hulle gegaan het (en hulle het die voertuig sedert nuut gediens toe ek hom op 92000 gekoop het) met 'n effens komplekse probleem wat "engine management" verwant was, dan het die ewige gevegte begin. Ek het ook tussen Global se Silvertin, Sinoville en Hatfield takke geskuif net om elke keer dieselfde persone by die verskillende werkswinkels aan te tref. Dis egter nie die mense wat daar werk se skuld nie. Ek het selfs vriende met van hulle geword. 'n Uiters knap werktuigkundige het een keer toe ek hom vasvra erken hy het, ten spyte van baie versoeke, nog nooit enige Patrol opleiding gehad nie. Nissan SA laat hierdie mense in die steek.

Izak, moenie moedeloos word nie. Lees die raad op hierdie forum, VERAL RAKENDE EGT, en volg dit. Jy sal jou Patrol geniet.
Patrol fan!
JPVM
Full Name: Juan Pablo Velasquez
Nickname: JPVM
Home Town: Santiago, Chile
Current 4x4: 2000 Nissan Patrol GU (Y61) 4.5 GL

Post by JPVM »

JP
'00 Nissan Patrol Y61 (GU) 4.5, ARB bumber, Safari Snorkel, 35" Cooper STT, DC-1 - 15x10"
OME 4" lift, IPF 900XS

Web: http://sites.google.com/site/jpsnissangupatrol/
Pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/JPslife/JPSNissanPatrol#

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”