Full Name: Pieter Joubert du Toit
Nickname: PJ of ook Whitey
Home Town: Welgemoed
Current 4x4: 2002 Nissan Patrol GRX TD42T CONVERSION
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: One DEAD Patrol

Post by Pieter du Toit »

Hello Gents,

I am not very technical or mechanical minded about engines - but I now of the following difference between the Hardbody's ZD30 motor and the Patrol's ZD30 motor.

I was looking at buying an imported ZD30 Motor from an importer here in CT - and he told me the following. I had to measure the distance between the bolt on holes on the engine where it attaches to the bell housing of the gearbox - the holes between the Patrol / Hardbody enigne does not line up. They (the engine importers) found that out now recently when they sold a ZD30 motor to DTM Nissan in Strand for a Patrol - and upon further investigation Nissan told them the ZD30 engine they supplied is for the hardbody bakkie and not the Patrol. The engine and gearbox bellhousing did not line up.

This is what I was told by Mike from Mike's Place - an engine importer here in CT.

I also "heard" the story about the long and short stroke - but does not know enough to comment on it.

My :mytwocents:
Pieter du Toit
MUFASA
2002 - 2010 Patrol 3.0L TDi GRX - HANDGRANADE WENT BOOM!!
2010 TD42T GRX CONVERSION - SADLY SOLD!!
2005 4.8GRX - Ama-GluG GluG - SADLY SOLD!!
Cell no: 072 606 7007
Fax no: 086 500 9333
Gerrit Loubser
Full Name: Gerrit Loubser
Nickname: Gerrit Loubser
Home Town: Richards Bay
Current 4x4: None

Post by Gerrit Loubser »

There certainly are differences in the engine blocks, hence the different part numbers, but the basic running gear inside the two motors is the same.
Gerrit Loubser

2003 Land Cruiser 100 VX TD
1999 Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T ("Imvubu") - GONE; Go well Old Girl :-(
2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T - GONE; One of the best cars I ever had :-(
1996 Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T - SOLD
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

I am sure Oom Mac will be able to tell us about the neccesity of an "adapter plate" on the engine SAC supplied to him. Oom Mac???
Patrol fan!
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

JG - Personally I do believe that the engin that was put in Agarob is from another Nissan item than a Patrol - hence the need for an adaptor plate ...
Developments update: I phoned SAC Diesel on Monday and informed them that I was not intersted in the failed engine or to be 'guinnea pig' again, and claimed a full refund - they welcome to the engine that sips 4 litre oil per 300 Km.
I took Agarob to them on Tuesday .. they sort of told me to "forget it" [more exactly: "It does not work that way"] and as mentioned - they will "look at the engine" and find out what caused the oil usage - upon which I informed them I am not intersested in the cause - nor the engine because its a FACT that that engine sustained damage in whtever distance it ran without oil ..
Yesterday I phoned to enquire - Sadly I learned that Mynhardt has soem family crissi and had to go to Cape Town in a hurry ... BUT I was told to phone teh reception and request that Gerhard call me back - Which I subsequently did
By today 11: 30 my call had not been returned - which left me no option but to get our lawyer to communicate to them that in terms of the Law I could reverse the transaction within 7 days and that I was now confirming my right as put to them on Monday already.
She contacted SAC and soosn afterwards received a phone call from Gerhard - telling me they were busy stripping the engine to establish why it lost the oil ..
Again I had to axplain that I was not interested in the cause - the engine was already damaged and I had no desire to go through all the "waiting game" again -
Just before 14:00 I received a call from Gerhard - nad herein a big THANK YOU and all credit of business ethics ons can assosiacte with:
The decision - They (SAC Diesel) will remove the import engine - they, at no further cost to me, will overhaul Agarob's original engine toe "AS GOOD AS NEW" condition - and undertook to make every effort to have it completed by Friday next week.
All credit to Gerhard and SAC Diesel [Centurion] for this gesture. What otherwise could have ended up in leaving a bad taste in the mouth now prompts me to congratulate SAC on this business ethic and generous gesture.
I can now have al my vehicles serviced by them in future and I surely will recommend them when asked for a Trust Worthy auto workshop.
for the first time since the breakdown in October 2009, I am excited to have that 'big red thing' back in the drive way again.
And if it works out well and the repair is good en tested - we will be going to Kaokoveldt with Agarob [and Boesman? ... time and circumstance will tell ]

Our prayers to Mynhardt and families with the tragic loss they experienced -
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.

Post by Kagiso II »

Gister weer met Gerhard gepraat - die "head' van Agarob was toe wel gekraak - hulle het 'n nuwe een ge-'source' en alles LYK of dit binne skedule loop dat Agarob teen Vrydag sal klaar wees.... ons hou duim vas.

NISSAN SUID AFRIKA asook Imperial Nissan Parow asook Imperial Nissan Menlyn gaan steeds verantwoording doen oor hierdie 3.0 enjin se 'inkonk' - en Nissan gaan ook pa staan vir hulle NAVI houding teenoor die 3.0 diesel eienaars [die handgranate manne]
Ek en Pieter sal koppe en kragte saamsnoer en [en daar is ander wat ook so verlies gely het ... ] die lys raak langer.

Maar oor Agarob se "huis toe kom" is ek baj opgewonde.
Intussen beiindruk en plesier Boesman my by die dag al meer en meer ... EN hy kan kranse uitklouter ook :clap: :woo:
Boesman klip.jpg
Boesman klip.jpg (193.52 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Boesman klip2.jpg
Boesman klip2.jpg (191.94 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
boesman klip3.jpg
boesman klip3.jpg (186.59 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
boesman klip6.jpg
boesman klip6.jpg (191.01 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Hierdie is geneem by die nuwe 'trail' daar by De Wildt - hulle noem dit "Stoney River" [ek sou dit Rocky Gulch gemaak het ...
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Stefan
Full Name: Stefan de Villiers
Nickname: Stefan
Home Town: Bothasig, Cape Town
Current 4x4: 2002 3.0 GL Patrol

Post by Stefan »

Hi oom Mac,

Ek's baie bly dat alles uitgewerk het.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.

Post by Kagiso II »

DANKIE Stefan - dis Vrydag p/m en dis nog doodstil van hulle kant af, maar ek gaan liewer nie bel nie ... ek bere di e"lucky packet" vir wanneer hy op die erf staan en die 'regmerk' kry dat hy heel is.
Ek sal met groot basuin aankondig !! QQQ
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.

Post by Kagiso II »

:biggrin: :woo: :rolling: :oldtimer: :thumbup: AGAROB IS TRUG OP DIE WERF ... NOg net klein enkjie meddom g'ry .. ek's is ewig te dankbaar bly om nou oor klein goedjies soos exhoz wat rettil te moun [hjelll - oom mac wat nie moun nie ??? amper tye goed om waar te wees ... outoppi meenmeer meer as wat hy kan spelle ... issit 'ie so nie???]
. Maar my kar is weer tuis. ek moet fyn luister om te hoor as hy fluister ... hy is beter en stiller as dag 1..
Aan Gerhard Oosthuizen - Baie dankie 'youngster' - jy het een wenner gebou . Jy is die Champ. Verseker.
NOU kan ons saampraat.
Maar ook alle dank aan Gerhard en Mynhardt van Steves Auto Clinic [Diesel] Centurion...

Hulle het nie net die 1-myl saamgeloop nie - hulle het Agarob se 'Get wel sooner" op die hart geneem ... en di ehele 100 myl geloop - en soos genoem AGAROB staan op sy eie werf. Hoogs tevrede.
Nou kan die Kalahari en Richtersveld uitreike se beplanning begin ...
Last edited by Kagiso II on 08 Jun 2010 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Abri Hoffman
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Abri Hoffman
Nickname: Abri
Home Town: Monument Park
Current 4x4: 2013 FJ Cruiser

Post by Abri Hoffman »

QQQ hoop dis many happy miles Oom Mac.
2013 FJ Cruiser
"Jack Russel"
Jules
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Julius
Nickname: Jules
Home Town: Rietjiesvlei, Zoeloeland
Current 4x4: Pathfinder
GQ Patrol
Home Language: AFR

Post by Jules »

Welgedaan Oom Mac ek vertrou AGAROB gaan nog vele uitreike vir jul moontlik maak

Shalom
Jules
Walk by FAITH not by sight
2014 Pathfinder 2.5 LE
Stofpad 4x4 Bashplate
42&60L Snomaster Freezer/Fridge
Buzzard Industries Overlander Trailer

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”