Patrolman
Full Name: Clem Daniel
Nickname: Clem
Home Town: Johannesburg
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8
Home Language: English

Re: Idiotic design feature

Post by Clem »

Nissan seems to have changed this feature. Last night when getting home I parked and locked the truck. This morning I unlocked it, opened a back passenger door and shut it again. Left the car like that and took the platkar to work. Got home this evening and all doors were still unlocked.
AndriesS
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Andries
Nickname: None
Home Town: Pretoorsdorp
Current 4x4: 4.8 GL with hairdryer.
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by AndriesS »

I'm lucky, my 2005 model has never done it. I get a feeling it started as a safety feature, i.e. kid plays with keys unlock car (or key in pocket and other stuff presses the unlock button) and you don't know about it, then if no door is opened then locks itself after a certain time. Sounds like some person did not do it's homework to check all the doors and only checked if the driver door opens. It might also be the case if an aftermarket is fitted that the wrong wire has been tapped (sounds like the key in the ignition door buzzer wire) and this could easily happen with aftermarket system.

Good lesson to test and also to have a mechanical key somewhere hidden, can only open doors and will not de-activate immobilizer. I also take a spare key on holiday , in wives handbag and in the safe or left at chalet if we stay somewhere. Also when travelling in convoy, give the key to be kept in another car, chances that 2 cars get locked with keys in side is very small then.
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Tinus lotz »

I agree with andries
I give a spare to the other car or in swambo s handbag I have a cut key wired to the bash plate under the car works for me and once that electronic part gets wet the sentral locking does not work but it stil will start the car when key is in ignition. ....
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

I never go "bundu" without the spare key AND a spare battery for the immobiliser - carried in the 2nd vehicle OR one of the passengers in his pocket and never left in the car.

BUT -- [net - met die Prado HET NIE SPAAR SELUTEL NIE]
Sal daai yster kppi laat maak sgm -- Net, mens kry nie daai ssort duplikaat nie :-( :rolleyes:
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”